These simple hints will usually help you to breeze right through security checkpoints.
- Travel light—minimal clutter will expedite the screening process.
- See Check-in Requirements for info about when to arrive at the airport.
- Leave lighters at home.
- Leave your pocket-knives, files, scissors, and any sharp objects at home or put them in your checked baggage.
- Be ready to take off your shoes and put belts, mobile phones, and metal objects in your carry-on.
- Take your laptop out of its case and place it in the container provided for you.
- Have acceptable identification and your boarding pass out and ready to show.
For more specific guidelines visit the additional resources below for links to the
appropriate government agency.